How to Choose Concealer Color
Concealer is meant to hide larger blemishes that can’t be hidden with foundation. Although you may not need concealer daily, having some on hand is crucial for days when you skin needs little extra help. Choose best concealer for your skin type to make sure you always look your best.
Even though most of the women are easily able to hide away the flaws on their face using foundation, there are times when nothing less than makeup concealer is needed to get that perfectly smooth looking facial skin.
Spotless beauties are very rare, and the average woman does have some scar, blemishes or some other irregularity on facial skin which cannot be covered up with foundation alone. So whether it is pimple, blackhead, freckles, dark under eye circles, uneven skin tone or aging spots, a makeup concealer can be effectively used to hide any such aberrations.
There is a wide range of concealer types available to suit the specific needs of nearly every skin type and every skin problem. Concealers are wonderful option to address lot of makeup problems, and the newer versions containing special ingredient offer you a wider option to produce different textures and specific effects.
Choosing the right concealer shade
But when you go choosing a concealer, do not get misled by the entire hype surrounding product, rather go by the purpose that you need to solve. For instance, when your objective is to even out your skin tone or correct your face color then depending upon your skin, you can use the mauve concealer shade for pale skin tones, or you can use the pinker variants for bright skin tones.
To cover up red patches, usually resulting from acne, concealer with undertones of green will give you better result. On the other hand to hide dark under eye circles, you need a concealer with the yellow base.
Choosing the right concealer base
Concealers are available in very different base types and you can pick and choose one to suit your skin type. For instance liquid concealer comes is more effective on dry skin, while solid compact style concealers make for right choice for oily skin.
There are also squeezable tubes and the concealer sticks that make it easier for you to concentrate on a specific area. Whatever type of makeup concealer you choose, you will need the makeup brush to even it out and spread it well to get better result.
1) Look at natural color of your skin. Even if you dislike and wish you could change it, work with your natural color by choosing the shade that matches. This will look better than trying to very lighten or darker your skin.
2) Determine your skin type- oily, dry, and normal or combination
3) Choose the concealer with undertones in the shade that matches undertones of your skin. For most people, this is either yellow or pink.
4) Test concealer on your forearm. The makeup should disappear, while working to cover the slight blemishes.
5) Test the concealer on your face at makeup counter if possible.