How to Check Childs TV Time
A lot of people are becoming mindful of our children's health. Part of this is physical health and other being mental health. If you watch growing trends, you will notice television has taken a center stage of cause for lapses in both categories. This guide is to help the parents understand the importance of television time for their child and whole family.
All will be agree that children should watch television limited but prepare your child can be tough task. If your children have newly habit of it, it is simple to set TV limit but it’s tough if your children have badly habit to watch His/Her favorite shows for long time. Watching TV limit should not be more than one or two hours.
1) Television should not be framed as treat. Don’t give options to your Children as they can earn watching TV privileges by completing their homework.
2) Children of two years and below two years of should not watch TV. For Older children time limit should not more than 2 hour daily.
3) Parents or guardians should promote more outdoor activities e.g. picnic, sports and hobbies etc. to manage the TV timing. If you are unable to go out side you can arrange out fit your backyard with open spaces.
4) You should always turn off the Television especially during lunch, and dinner time. Sticky avoid Television during homework. If your children is use to working in background music, than you should prefer radio, CD player etc. for it instead of the television.
5) Have patience if your children had badly habit of watching TV you can encourage your children to give him/her simple suggestions as spending time with friend, they can also spend with their brother and sister also. You can suggest simple board games; simple activities etc.
6) You can also set personal example of reading meaningful books, gardening and children also can help you in little works in home this can be good fun instead of sitting in front of the television.
7) It would be better if you keep the television out of the living room. The location should tell importance of the television in their lives
After knowing that tube adds into your child's personality, it is time to do homework. Watch the movies that your child want to see. Most movies that are not appropriate are simply filled with adult humor and pop culture which is for the parent but copied by children. Think of classic Disney film that were a great quality, and see it the movies your child watches are in some form educational. Musically, Artistically, Emotionally, or even spiritually driven film can create deep understanding for young people at any age.
Limit the Television. It is not a baby sitter after all or most effective way to spend mind or body’s time too often. Get children on schedule that they can see on a wall, and this will help make transition. Try to slowly break it down into one film or program in a day that is not primarily educational.