Child discipline is one of the most important elements. Discipline can be defined as a process help the children to learn good behaviors and make good choices, loving, self-control, accountability, and mutual respect.
By discipline children can easily learn how to function or behave in a family and society. By learning proper discipline children can gain a sense of security, protection, and often feel accomplishment. If your children do not how to do a proper discipline than may be your children are at risk for a variety of behavioral and emotional problems. Parents should not emphasis stick Discipline on children because they can take it as punishment.
Some Important tips about Discipline: - If you are facing some difficulty to teach discipline to your child, then do not worry and feel free because you are not doing anything wrong. Parents should know all children are different in nature with different temperament. If your style of discipline is working on other may not work with your.
You should know that how to behave when are teaching discipline to your child because this can help you decide how your child can do behave or misbehave in future. If your child repeatedly argues and you give-up after arguments, then he can learn to repeat this behavior because he knows you will eventually give up.
1) Parents should calm down and never get carried away especially when your child misbehaves. When you are teaching discipline to your child you should avoid yelling and screaming because by seeing such these things your child can loose interest.
2) Parents should avoid doing too much criticism because it can frustrate to your child and children do these things only to irritate you. You should realize to child that it is misbehavior and you are not happy with.
3) Doing too much praise is also not good. You should not do continuously praising of your child, especially in daily activities, because it can make your praising comments less effective.
4) Parents should never focus on negatives point all of time, especially when you are offering positive reinforcement to your child. You should give encouragement to your child.
5) Giving physical punishment can be harmful for his morale and emotions. By giving physical punishment you are making your child more aggressive, angry and misbehaved nature.
6) Parents should mind one thing that rewards and praise should be given for good behavior only.
7) Parents also can be an icon and can set a good example by doing good behavior always because normally kids follow their parents behavior
8) There is difference in rewards and bribes. We can describe a reward as something that your child receives after he has done something good, whereas bribe is given before hand, to try and motivate the child to do what you may want. Do not give bribe to your children.
9) Home is a wonderful place for a children not only children also for all family members. So, parents should provide safe environment in which your child feel secure and loved.